Book a Speaker
Beyond the Wild is led by Will Hince who brings together 10 years professional Catholic youth ministry experience with his background as a soldier, skilled bushcraft instructor, and wilderness expedition leader.
Will is a dynamic speaker who draws on his wealth of wilderness survival experiences to bring home Beyond the Wild’s message of spiritual survival. The honesty and passion when he speaks makes his faith a fire which ignites the faith of others and the content of his talks gives a blueprint for how faith can not just survive but thrive in our world.
Will has spoken all over the UK as well as in California, Colorado and New Zealand.
Background of Beyond the Wild’s founder, Will Hince
Will is happily married to his very supportive and loving wife, Maria. They have four beautiful children: Nicola (8), Joanna (6), William (4), and Lucy (2).
Will’s Catholic youth ministry experience includes:
- Working on full time evangelisation teams running retreats, parish missions, and doing outreach in schools.
- Working in a Catholic retreat centre.
- Working as a school chaplain.
- Coordinating youth ministry across Bournemouth and Poole.
- Coordinating youth ministry across Portsmouth Diocese.
His outdoor living and wilderness survival background includes:
- 5 years in the British Army Reserve (6 Rifles) as a Rifleman.
- Time spent training with the Royal Marines on the Commando Training Course, and with the British Army through the Combat Infantry Course.
- 4 years spent travelling overseas hitchiking and jumping freight trains all over the world with most nights spent sleeping under an old poncho.
- More nights spent wild camping than he can count with many successfully completed wilderness expeditions in extreme conditions including the New Zealand Southern Alps, Canadian Rocky Mountains, Colorado Rocky Mountains, European Alps, Scandinavian wilderness, Cascade Mountains, and a 1000 mile trek from Le Puy to Santiago.
- Will is a skilled bushcraft instructor with extensive experience teaching groups how to survive in the wild.
Because of the spread of the COVID-19 virus Beyond the Wild has suspended public speaking. We are closely monitoring the situation and hope to be able to start taking bookings again soon.
Stay safe and look after each other.
The COVID-19 virus has meant Beyond the Wild has had to suspend our public speaking but our message of spiritual survival has never been more important. Because of this we’ve decided to get our message out beyond the courses through social media. In lieu of Will coming to your event, we invite you to follow Beyond the Wild on social media for our latest news, online resources, and giveaways!
Get in touch with us to book Will to come and speak at your event!