Book a Speaker
Beyond the Wild is led by Will Hince who brings together 10 years professional Catholic youth ministry experience with his background as a soldier, skilled bushcraft instructor, and wilderness expedition leader.
Will is a dynamic speaker who draws on his wealth of wilderness survival experiences to bring home Beyond the Wild’s message of spiritual survival. Will speaks with an honesty and passion that makes his faith a fire which ignites the faith of others and the content of his talks gives a blueprint for how faith can not just survive but thrive in our world.
As well as speaking in venues all over the UK, Will has spoken in California, Colorado and New Zealand.
Background of Beyond the Wild’s founder, Will Hince
Will is happily married to his very supportive and loving wife, Maria. They have four beautiful children: Nicola (8), Joanna (6), William (4), and Lucy (2).
Will’s outdoor living and wilderness survival background includes:
- 4 years spent travelling overseas hitchiking all over the world with most nights spent sleeping under an old poncho.
- Wilderness expeditions often undertaken in extreme conditions in the Southern Alps of New Zealand, Canadian Rocky Mountains, Colorado Rocky Mountains, European Alps, Scandinavian wilderness, Californian Cascade Mountains, and a 1000 mile trek across France and Spain from Le Puy to Santiago.
- 5 years with the British Army as a Rifleman in 6 Rifles, The Rifles’ reserve infantry battalion.
- Countless adventures – from jumping freight trains into the unknown, to hitchiking across war torn countries, to staying on a Canadian First Nations reservation with the Aseniwuche Winewak.
- 8 years as a skilled bushcraft instructor with extensive experience teaching groups how to survive in the wild.
His Catholic youth ministry experience includes:
- Working on full time evangelisation teams running retreats, parish missions, and doing outreach in schools.
- Working in a Catholic retreat centre.
- Working as a school chaplain.
- Coordinating youth ministry across Bournemouth and Poole.
- Coordinating youth ministry across Portsmouth Diocese.
Because of the spread of the COVID-19 virus Beyond the Wild has suspended public speaking. We are closely monitoring the situation and hope to be able to start taking bookings again soon.
Stay safe and look after each other.
The COVID-19 virus has meant Beyond the Wild has had to suspend our public speaking but our message of spiritual survival has never been more important. Because of this we’ve decided to get our message out beyond the courses through social media. In lieu of Will coming to your event, we invite you to follow Beyond the Wild on social media for our latest news, online resources, and giveaways!
Get in touch with us to book Will to come and speak at your event!